понеділок, 4 травня 2020 р.

Дистанційне навчання 2020

PACE WORK (English)   05\05

Form 5-D

Тема: Параграф. Абзац


Choose the best topic sentence for each group of supporting sentences. Write it on the line provided.
1.) ________________________________________________. North Americans send
cards for many occasions. They send cards to family and friends on birthdays and holidays. They also send thank-you cards, get well cards, graduation cards, and congratulation cards. It is very common to buy cards in stores and send them through
the mail, but turning on the computer and sending cards over the Internet is also popular.
a) Sending cards is very popular in North America.
b) Birthday cards are the most popular kind of card.
c) It is important to send thank-you cards.
2)________________________________________ . First of all, we need money to repair old roads and build new roads. We also need more to pay teachers’ salaries and
to pay for services such as trash collection. Finally, more tax money is needed to give financial help to the poor citizens of the city. It is clear that the city will have serious problems if taxes are not raised soon.
a) We should raise city taxes.
b) City taxes are too high.
c) City taxes pay for new roads.
3)___________________________________________ . One thing you must consider is the quality of the university’s educational program. You also need to think about the school’s size and location. Finally, you must be sure to consider the university’s tuition to make sure you can afford to go to school there.
a) It is expensive to attend a university in the United States.
b) There are several factors to consider when you choose a university to attend.
c) You should consider getting a good education.

Write a topic sentence for each paragraph. Make sure your topic sentence expresses
the main idea of the paragraph.
Example: Miami is the perfect place to take a vacation. It is always sunny and warm. The beaches are gorgeous, with soft white sand and beautiful water. There are many fine restaurants in the Miami area, and most of the hotels offer terrific entertainment nightly. It’s no wonder that Miami is my first choice for a vacation destination.

1._____________________________________________ . I can’t wait to come home from school and eat the delicious meals she has prepared. She is famous for her desserts like peach pie and chocolate soufflé. She is always experimenting with new recipes and trying different ingredients. No one in the world can cook the way my mother does.
2._________________________________________________ . It never starts in cold weather. The horn and the left turn signal don’t work properly. Worst of all, the radio only gets one station and the CD player is completely broken. I wish I could get a new car.
3.____________________________________________________ . To start things off, my plane was six hours late. When I finally got to my hotel, I was very disappointed. It was small and dirty. On the third day, my wallet was 4 stolen, and I lost all my credit cards. It rained very day except one, and on that day I got a terrible sunburn. All in all, it wasn’t a vacation to remember.

Write a concluding sentence for each paragraph.
1.)    There are many reasons why I like wearing a uniform to school. First of all, it saves time. I don’t have to spend time picking out my clothes every morning. Wearing a uniform also saves money. It’s cheaper to purchase a new uniform than to go out and buy lots of school clothes. In addition, I don’t have the pressure of keeping up with the latest styles. Most importantly, wearing a school uniform gives me a sense that I belong. I really think that it adds to the feeling of school spirit and community. _____________________________________
2.) There are many reasons why I am against wearing a school uniform. For one thing, I don’t like they style of the uniform. The navy blazer and plaid skirt are too
conservative for me. Secondly, the uniform isn’t comfortable. I prefer to wear baggy pants and a sweater instead of a skirt and a jacket. Finally, I want the freedom to express my individuality through my style of dressing.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар